Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

And I'm Off!!

So this is a day I didn't think I'd ever see in my lifetime. I am soon going to be publishing my very first book. I love to write. I've blogged for years. Granted, in recent years my blogging days have been few and far between but now I am starting a whole new blog.

I'm Taylor. Taylor Evans. Last summer I wrote a book and have allowed a few close friends to read it. I put it up on my old blog for a very short time but then took it down because - well - I am quite proud of this work and didn't want anyone to steal it.

Friends have said I should try to publish it but I haven't been all that sure that it would be accepted. I sent it to one - just one - publisher six months ago and never heard back from them.

Do you know PK? Author of the wonderfully delightful Cassie series? She mentioned a time or two that I should submit my one and only lonely little book to her publisher.

So I did..... And they responded. It didn't take long at all. Seriously it was a matter of a few hours. I now have an editor. A publisher. Oh, and a release date. I have a tentative release date.

Pinch me. 

I. Am. So. Excited!!! Let the journey begin.


6 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. I remember just how I felt when I got that first response. You know what, it's still thrilling when it comes again too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting! Overwhelming, but exciting!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm this close |<>| to starting on my next one. This has energized me!

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is AWESOME! Congrats! This is amazing! Now I know 2 authors! I really know how to pick good friends! HAHA! 😜

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete

/html>/b:section-contents>